Saturday, November 26, 2011

On Dasher ...

Keeping with the theme of Christmas ornaments this weekend - this is another technique that was popular last year and well when  the glass bulbs were on sale at Micheal's this past weekend I just had to give it a go!

The first attempt I stamped with versamark and than double inked just the body with Chocolate Chip ink onto the shiny side of the overhead projector paper and embossed with clear ink - but the Chocolate did not cover enough.

I tried to 'fix it' by coloring with a Stamp Write marker but you can see the marker lines through it - so while it was cute and I added the red nose to make it even cuter .. I wanted to try again! 

So this time I versamarked up Dasher and stamped onto the 2 1/2 inch circle of overhead paper and than embossed with the Silver embossing powder ... it turned out cool as well and the Micca flakes are just perfect for the snow in the bottom of the globe!

I like them both now - they are so easy to make I am thinking I might make some with the crew for their trees this Christmas!
Happy Stampin'
Margaret

1 comment:

  1. This is STUNNING! My tree is covered in silver and turquoise so Imight have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete