Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Rose by any other name

This is my first attempt at the 'Ornament Rose' .... it uses the Stampin' Up ornament punch and each ornament shape is sponged around the edges and than curled to give it the 3D look and than glued onto a 1/34 circle to put it together.

Actually a quick and easy flower to make although it turned out a little larger than I had anticipated it would - the Stampin' Up! tutorial called for 18 punched ornaments and I think I ended up using almost 24 by the time I was done - typical of my style though - why use only 18 when 24 will do!

I used my favorite ticket corner punch as well and than for the first time I was inspired to try and use a paper piercer to give a little dimension to my paper layer - what a lot of fun that is - very therapeutic relaxation for any women who has stress in their life ... I am thinking the paper piercer will be making more appearances on my cards!

And what about those dainty half back pearls? Do they not just give it that subtle elegance?

I stamped an envelope out of habit - but in hindsight I am thinking that this card would work awesome as a 'bow / gift tag combo' on a gift for someone special!

I am planning on making up some of these to sell for the 'Run for the Cure' fund-raising for our Bold and Boobiful team! You can check out more about the Run for the Cure here!

No comments:

Post a Comment