Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The 'Ugly Paper' challenge

So for the Scrap and Crop event this past weekend we had an 'Ugly Paper' challenge where each person in our group brought a piece of what they felt was 'ugly paper' from their stash and some accompanying papers. We than randomly exchanged papers with others and than were challenged to come up with a layout hopefully turning the 'ugly paper' into something useful. 

This is the two page layout I created using my Ugly paper I received with the brown accent paper and the black circle accent ... which I used to scrap so photos of me doing my school co-op placements back in high-school!
The minute I opened up the bag to reveal my paper I just knew that the Precious Butterfly stamp set was perfect to bring out the beauty in the paper ! 

I cut the larger pieces of paper in half and removed an inch from both pieces of the brown and punched them along with the Pinking Hearts Border and mounted both the patterned paper with a brown trip and brown embossed strip on a So Saffron back drop. 

I than embossed the brown with the Precious Butterfly stamp set in clear and the Black circle with Copper embossing powder (no retired) and than accented the Butterfly Wings Embosslit folder and some half back pearls!



And while this color combination is not something that would have jumped out at me in a store I am pleased with how well it came together and was totally impressed to see how everyone else turned their 'ugly papers' into works of art!

Happy Stampin'

No comments:

Post a Comment