Monday, January 2, 2012

Doing the Mash ...

 This card layout inspired by the Friday MashUp from last week ... which I used to explore some more 'peekaboo embossing' techniques with in preparation for tomorrow nights Technique Tuesday class ... just loving this technique with stampin' on the embossing folders!

This card features paper, Big Shot dies and stamp set items from both the upcoming Occasions Mini as well as the Sale-a-bration catties!
Hop on over to the Friday Mashup to check out what the other ladies have created with this layout!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the colors you used and the butterflies look so pretty!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret,

    Lovely colour combo used here, I really like the butterfly accents. Thanks for joining us.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know this technique... I'm going to have to look into this further. I do love the embossed butterflies! Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Heidi, I'd like to know more about this technique.. Do you color in the reversed side of the embossing? It came out great however it's done, I really like the color combo you used with the DSP. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies ... yes similar to brayering on the recessed side of the emboss folder to get the two toned embossing peeking through only I was using stamps instead ... in this sample the Flight of the butterfly solid stamp image was used on three different emboss folders so the whisper white paper peeks through the stamped Lucky limeade and Pool party ... a few of my earlier posts this month show how you can use it with other folders :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card and a really cool technique! I just got the butterfly punch for Christmas, so I can't wait to play with it! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete