Sunday, March 20, 2011

First Day of Spring

In honour of the First Day of Spring and a glorious day it has been out there today .... thought I would share a 'Blue Jay'!

I made this adorable little fellow using the My Digital Studio version of the Christmas Cardinal which I printed out at home onto Watercolour paper ... I than used my Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point on the bird and the Wild Wasabi Stamp Write Markers on the leaves and blended with the Aqua Painter to colour the image in...and instead of red Christmas berries I opted for some white spring flower buds using the half back pearls. I also used the En Francis background stamp tone on tone on the Pacific Point for some texture on the back layer and than roughed the edges up using the Cutting tool.


I also got a chance to finally use the Beveled Window panes from the Occasions Mini as well as my Cute by the Inch hostess set for the sentiment ... sorry about the reflection of the beveled pane 0 it makes it look like the sentiment is blurred but it is just an illusion!

Hope everyone is enjoying the signs of spring finally coming our way ... I have tulips poking out of my garden and we saw a Robin in our backyard today!

No comments:

Post a Comment