Monday, October 24, 2011

Trick or Treat Vampire Bats

Spooky fun ..... Vampire Bat style! 

I had seen these litlte Bat samples all over the Internet and was exited to get to make one of these cool trick or treat bags as a sample at my upline Liz's class this weekend and see how easy they actually were that I thought what a cool project to make with the daycare kids for their trick or treat bags this weekend.

I tweaked the sample a bit by having the kids add some versamark via a brayer to the wings and than we heat embossed them hand over hand. As a result of little hands helping we got some embossing powder where it did not belong but that is ok I think it gives the wings that 'wet look' that bats have and well the crew loves playing with my Big Shot and other stampin materials - makes them feel grown up! 

The kids picked through my glitter brads to choose their favorite eye colors and helped with punching out some fangs using the small Pennant builder punch and of course the Dazzling Details to add the slippery vampire bat smile!




I also made up an encore offering of some of the spooky butterfly magnets and pins for the crew cause they were a hit last year!


Happy Stampin

Margaret

1 comment:

  1. Love the bunch of bats you made... I'm impressed you did it with your daycare kids! I love those webby butterfly pins too! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete