Saturday, January 1, 2011

Clean Simple Colour Q Challenge Cards

Happy New Year Everyone - may 2011 be full of abundance and prosperity for all!

Today's card offering palette is inspired by the Colour Q Challenge #65

As well as the layout inspired from the Clean & Simple 121 challenge a challenge that is my New Years resolution to take more often as I tend to design cards that are more time consuming that workshops and classes allow for so the inspiration from these challenges should help me to learn to find the elegant beauty that can be found in clean and simple!

So I think I did a pretty good job here combing both challenges! The colour palette of the Crumb Cake card stamped the En Francais background stamp in versamark and than the clean and simple inspired Old Olive cardstock strip run through the Plenty of Petals emboss folder and accented with the Scallop Trim border in Basic Black. Embellished with the 5 Petal Flower done in Basic Black, Basic Grey and Whisper White and accented with a Build a Brad button stamped with the Tiny Tags 4 You sentiment. The sentiment which I placed on the Word window punch layered with the Modern Label punch is the 'With Sympathy' stamp from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

This is a sentiment that you always regret needing but unfortunately I had a friend who has lost her father this holiday season and wanted to send her my condolences with a nice handmade card sending vibes of strength during her time of grief!



2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like the layered flower and the embossing. Thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete