Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Playing withButton Buddies

 Having fun with my new Button Buddies stamp set and showcasing our wonderful DSP that is on sale this month buy 3 get 1 free!

This card color combo is Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze with Naturals White and features DSP from the Pocketful of Posies package.

I created my own designer paper to tie in the Pocketful of Posies DSP with the stamp set I was using by stamping the floral image in Baja Breeze around the Top Note frame...I popped the frame up on dimensionals and love the effect it gives!

I also used the Perfect Pennants Die for the floral accent piece and hand cut the Button Buddies floral image and finished it off with a Very Vanilla button accent tied with some linen thread! 

This card design was also inspired by the OWH sketch which was lots of fun to play along and I am looking forward to making my first attempt at donating some of my cards to this Fall if I can just figure out the rules for the shipping! You can also find out more about Operation Write Home on their Facebook page.


Happy Stampin'

4 comments:

  1. Very nice card! I like the soothing combination of blues. I am so glad you found OWH too and if you need any help with figuring out shipping feel free to contact me at paula at operationwritehome dot org or post to the Facebook page for an immediate deluge of help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love -ly card!!!!and fab design!!!!
    tfs:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Margaret! I love the floral embellishment you made. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything you did here with this card - I'm partial to anything blue and SU! besides!
    Hugs, JoyceAnn

    ReplyDelete