Tuesday, July 13, 2010

This is cool - follow up from my sneak peek

This was so much FUN for me last night .... making your own designer series paper and turning it to 5 coordinating cards ... going to be making a lot of these in the near future to prepare for the Run for the Cure fundraiser!

First you choose a 'color scheme' for your card. I chose Blushing Bride, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo and Whisper White ... a think pink theme for the Breast Cancer awareness!

Than you take a 6x6 piece of card stock and choose a stamp set for your background to work with - I chose Vintage Vogue.

You than stamp your background in the lightest color and the largest stamp you are going to use ... so in this case I chose Versamark for the vines from the set for the very back ground.

Next choose your next shade of ink and your next largest stamp image - so in this case I chose Whisper White ink and the flowers from the Vintage Vogue Set.
Than you use the Quarter Wonder page cutting dimensions from Sharon's website http://createdbyu.blogspot.com/2010/06/quarter-sheet-wonder-tutorial.html to cut and prep your paper ... and finally you have fun creating your cards ... so here are my 5 card samples


Finally with a few scorelines and a couple cuts - you can even make a little box out of paper and decorate it up for a little 'gift package' for someone .... project complete ... and in one night I made FOUR of these little beauties to add to my fund raising pile!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to make a co-ordinating set! I love the patterned paper you made, and I love that box style to hold them! Good luck with your fund-raising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz ... still need to figure out a fair price for the set ... 5 different cards, matching envelopes and the little box. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete