Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lady with an Alligator Purse

Today I was having fun brainstorming a request to make a pocket envelope card or bag for a friends business. She wanted something simple to hold a few business related items for customers!

I had been dying to try out this embossing technique and figured - what can be more fun than making an alligator purse and wouldn't it be a cute little 'gift' for her customers!

The first one is a plain purse highlighted with the faux alligator skin top and the 5 petal flower punch accented with a Star from the Stars Die Cut and a little brad as the 'clasp' holding the purse closed. However this one just felt like something was 'missing'.

So I added a little texture with a little bit of Versamark and the little Stars from the Canada Day Stamp set....this ties the purses in with her Thank you card theme.

Here is a side view of the purse with a little accordion style side that will allow a few small objects to be placed inside the purse for sharing with customers.

I also tweaked the inside of the Thank you card design to allow for the adding of a business card or customer appreciation gift card.


Hope she likes them!

1 comment:

  1. super cute!!! I think the added stamping on the bottom part of the purse added just the right detail, and I love the accordian sides to hold the info in. I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete