Friday, December 9, 2011

Guest Designing - what an honour!

Over at the A La Card Monkey blog I have had the honor of being asked to be a guest designer showcasing this wonderful Holiday sketch that will go live tomorrow morning - so you get a little sneak peek tonight!

Here is my take on the sketch ... as you can see i opted for a holiday other than Christmas as all my Christmas cards are addressed and en-route to loved ones ... so I chose to get a head start of my Valentines cards! I just love this Little Friends stamp set from Stampin' Up ... perfect for just about any holiday!

Here is a close up to showcase my DIY glitter paper in the Tempting Turquoise color using versamark, heat and stick and fine glitter as well as adding a little bling to the little girls flower and sash for extra bling! 

The sentiment I chose here is from Petite Pairs and I added some Cottage Garden accents to my one piece of paper, the sentiment and my envelope.

Would also like to thank the ladies over at Just Add ink  and the Color Q for the Color inspiration on my card from their color challenge photos seen here - they were both so similar this week I could not choose which ones ... so I opted for Old Olive, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise and Silver for the 'bead' representation.


Thank you to everyone who stops by to leave comments on my blog - I work from home running an Early Learning program with young children so being able to read adult offered comments during quiet time really makes my day!

Happy Stampin'
Margaret

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Margaret on being chosen as Guest Designer. Such a thrill.

    LOVE all the bling on your card. Gorgeous image too - one that I love to see yet have never invested in myself.

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Add Ink again this week - beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret... thanks for taking the time to congratulate me on my win at JUGS
    I really appreciate!
    i love this interpretation of the colors and inspiration pic!
    Hugs
    Hannelie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your DT guest spot and fab job on the glitter paper, products l have, but seldom use, thanks for reminding me...:0)
    Thanks also for joining us again this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet and sparkly card! thanks for your sweet comment on my blog...have fun making those little soap boxes, they are quite a treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet card. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet card! I love the image. Thanks for playing at colourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, congrats on your guest DT spot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for being our Guest Designer this week! Your card is lovely. I love all the sponging, coloring and bling!

    ReplyDelete