Sunday, December 4, 2011

Just Add Ink meets the Color Q

Well this week over at the Just Add Ink blog the challenge was to CASE (copy and share everywhere) something from the wonderful and amazingly talented Tania Gould ... just peruse her inspiring blog to see how easy a feat this will be for card bloggers to rise to this challenge! 

Her work is breath taking! I was particularly inspired by this card ... one of my favorite stamp sets combined with a Vintage look and bling - what more is there too love?


So after being inspired by some of her amazing designs and 3D flowers I decided I needed a color palette inspiration to avoid being tempted from just totally 'casing' her card colors and all ... so I headed over to another of my favorite blogs the Color Q , for some inspiration! 

Found this weeks color scheme of Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand and White and thought THAT IS JUST PERFECT!
So down to the craft room I went to create the following offering ... I created the distressed background paper by sponging with Night of Navy, Marina Mist and Bashful Blue and than stamping with the En Francis background - applying the Foxy Oxi technique and crumpling the paper while it was  still damp - always makes one cringe a little to crumple their hard work!

Once it was dry I distressed the edges and sponged with Night of Navy to darken them up again cause the Foxy Oxi removed quiet a bit of color on me. I than stamped the Cherish sentiment and the Baroque Motif image in Night of Navy and created a matching envelope so it does not arrive 'naked' to whomever gets this treasure.
I created the accent piece with my 2 1/2 inch scallop circle punch. I first stamped a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock with the En Francis stamp in Night of Navy and than punched out 6 scallop circles, sponged the edges with Night of Navy and spritzed with water and crumpled them to distress them. Opened the scallops and layered them on top of each other to create my flower and adhered them together with a vintage brad and spritzed the flower with Vanilla Shimmer mist.

 The leave accents are from the Bird Builder punch which were covered with Tombow and fine galaxy glitter in the Champagne color - this card really is stunning in real life with the dimension and shimmer and glitter ... very fun to make!

A huge thank you to the wonderful challenge blog creators out there who help to get my creative juices flowing - your hard work and inspiration truly is appreciated :)

Happy Stampin'
Margaret

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Margaret! Love all the layers. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are lovely. The flowers are awesoem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flower - wonderful use of your punch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS! I really love your take on my card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I think this is a very popular card of Tania's. Love your version especially your glittery leaves. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Margaret!! I LOVE your take on Tania's card; it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely CASE of Tania, she loves this vintage and distressed look. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 'twilight' card is my fave of Tania's and you've done a fantastic CASE using Night of Navy. Thanks for playing along at JAI during this busy season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Margaret, this is totally gorgeous. I love the blinged up foliage poking out of the beautiful flower. This card is one of my favourites of Tania's and you have done a wonderful job of making it your own. Thanks for taking the time to play along with us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Margaret this is STUNNING! I absolutely love the way you've CASEd Tania's 'twilight' card - one of my fave Tania cards. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty case of Tanias gorgeous card and perfect for the combined challenges, stunning flower and love the added gold sparkle.
    Thanks for playing along with this weeks challenge at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really stunning Margaret! Great job with the case challenge! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow gorgeous card, the colours and flower are stunning. Kezzy x

    ReplyDelete