Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bare Essential Challenge

This is a card inspired from our April Team Challenge combined with the Clean and Simple layout ... our Team challenge was to create a card using one stamp set, one ink color, one embellishment and two cardstock colors...those of you who know my card making style know how much of a challenge that really was for me - but I managed with a little creative 're-inking'!

I chose for my Stamp set the Because I care set, for my one ink color I chose Certainly Celery, my one embellishment is the 'connected strip' of Rhinestones which I cut three off of and my two colors of cardstock are Old Olive and Whisper White!

So now looking at my card you are likely thinking HEY there are more than two colors there ... that is where re - inking comes in .... I used my brayer on my Whisper White cardstock to create two tones of Certainly celery on my second layer background image and than stamped the Because I care hydrangea on the lighter side!

I also used
the brayer on the paper ribbon I cut out to make it look like it was Certainly Celery cardstock as well and than stamped the sentiment on Whisper white with the Rhinestones for that added flare!

I admit that the Clean and Simple challenges are always a true challenge for me - but are VERY helpful in inspiring me to be creating the quick and easy cards for classes and workshops!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love how you worked this challenge, Margaret... you did a great job, and I love this C&S card from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo pretty...love your hydrangea and the colors...very nice!!

    ReplyDelete