Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A La Card Monkey Challenge 52

So this weeks Challenge over at A La Card Monkey was lots of fun ... make a card using following layout and a theme of your favorite hot beverage ....

Now unfortunately I do not have any traditional stamps that have a 'beverage theme' at this point and well I finally got back into my craft room and was itching to use hands on stamps ... so came up with a compromise and I boiled up the kettle and made a nice cup of Hot Chocolate and threw a shot of Baileys into it and come up with the following ....

I just loved that it is show casing the awesome color combination of Marina Mist and Crumb Cake with the new Fabulous Florets stamp set .... such a pretty set! I paired it with the Baroque Motif vine with Versamark on the Crumb Cake cardstock as I thought this set matched nicely with the mini version on the Tiny Tags set to tie it all together and well that wonderful Chantilly Crocheted lace - just divine!

Here is an up close of the Tiny Tags Stamp set combined with the Tiny Tags punch ... and the Ice brads were a perfect compliment to add some bling!

As much as I move My Digital Studio - I have to admit it felt so great to be back in the stamp room getting down and dirty with my stamps and inks!

4 comments:

  1. I love the colors, bling, etc. of the card, but really want some of your hot chocolate! That sounds yummy. That was a very good compromise - stamping and while drinking cocoa. Thanks for playing along with our A La Card Monkey challenge.

    Hugs,

    Terry
    http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too funny....now I want some of your hot chocolate too! I was on the fence about this floral set, but done in these colors---well, I am LOVIN' it! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that's a great card! Love Marina Mist, love the lace ribbon, love the stamp sets you used, love everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes this card is devine. I always have a hard time with flower stamp sets and really don't have very many. You picked a great color combo for it. Thanks so much for doing the challenge with us at A La Card Monkey.

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete