Monday, April 25, 2011

Mash it up!

Being away on Friday did not stop me from coming back to be inspired by an awesome Friday Mashup Challenge ... create a Black and White & Square card ...

Which was an awesome challenge to pair with the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge ... which was also a square card challenge!

So here is my final inspiration .... Black and White Fabulous Florets .... the more I play with this set the more I just LOVE it! I paired the black and white stamped images with a little bit of embossing powder for some pop factor and used the Heard from the Heart Sentiment and a Rosettes as finishing touches!

I cut out the stem and a black embossed with white floret and popped them up on dimensional's for a bit of added dimension ... I just love the way this one turned out and hope you do to!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my word! I love the embossed flower on black paper! How cool is that! You rocked both challenges! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like black and white Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! I love those embossed flowers on the black!! Fantastic job with The Mashup! Thanks for joining us again, love seeing what you create each week for The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so striking! I love the black & white colour combo with this stamp set, and the sketch worked perfectly for the challenge! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, this is beautiful!!!! Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - love your design!! I wouldn't have thought to do the center flower as you did...very creative!! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Friday Mashup!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, I'm so glad you joined in the fun at The Friday Mashup with your sensational card, very creative use of Black and White. Cheers, Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that is black & white! Such a creative use of the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooohhh! This is so elegant! I love the look of black and white! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great black and white card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a stunning card! Those flowers are amazing! So glad you joined us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is fabulous! Love how the center flower holds the squares together! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW...what a fabulous use of this set in the black and white and with the sketch...delightful! Thanks for playing along with this on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very, very pretty! Thanks for always popping by my blog and leaving such kind words. they are so appreciated :)

    Belinda
    Studio B

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card. Like the black & white, a perfect combination! Thanks for playing CCMC!

    ReplyDelete