Monday, April 4, 2011

Watercoloring with a Brayer

This card was a lot of fun and I LOVE the way it turned out!

This technique used the watercolor paper, brayer and the classic ink spots to create my own 'kaleidoscope' ink ... i carefully inked up the brayer with the first colored spot in one strip of the brayer and than left a small space and inked up the other colors leaving a tiny gap .... than you roll it over the paper until you get the coverage you want - than spritz it with water and let the colors run together and lay flat to dry or roll over again with brayer if desired to get the coverage / blending you desire.


Once the water color paper was totally dry I rubbed my Embossing buddy over the card, stamped with black craft ink and embossed with black embossing powder both the sentiment from Word Play and the Boat from Uncharted Territory. I than colored the sun and boat with my Stamp Write markers to finish off and decorated my envelope with the Light house image!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I love the effect you got on the watercolour paper!

    ReplyDelete