Friday, April 1, 2011

Reminded of being a kid ...

When I was a child one of my favorite things to do was go to the corner store with my quarter and buy a 'surprise grab bag' of candies!

Well I am all grown up now but have to tell you I still love a good 'surprise' ... this is no April Fool's joke looks like Stampin' Up is appealing to the kid in all us stampers with their current 'Grab Bags' ... stop by my online store and check out the clearance rack for more details on the various Grab Bag
s available!

Now on to some card sharing ... this is another card I made while playing with my brayer in preparation for my upcoming Technique Tuesday class!

This card using the 'bouncing brayer' te
chnique which with my color palette choice looked remarkably like an underwater scene as it came together - however since I do not have any 'sea creatures' I was inspired by some samples on Stampin Connection to make my own little creatures using the Build a Blossoms stamp set and the Pocket Silhouettes for my seaweed. Sentiment is from the Occasional Quotes Level 2 hostess set.

I submitted this card over at A La Card Monkey as part of their Nature challenge to create a card with plants, animals or landscapes ... figured a nice underwater landscape with some fish in love would work!


April 13th Color Throw Down color challenge goes perfect with this card as well!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful job with this brayer technique, Margaret! So glad you're participating in our first challenge at A La Card Monkey! Thanks. We're following you now... and hope you'll become our follower too.

    Terry and Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cool technique and a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw that is so cool how you did that, I love it great for an ocean card. Thank you for doing our first challenge at A La Card Monkey!!
    www.alacardmonkey.blogspot.com

    Hugs
    Shirley
    www.lookatmycutestuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to tell you that I posted a Picture of the Basket of Goodies for the winner of the A La Card Monkey Nature Challenge. Make sure you are sitting down when you look... it's a wower!!!

    www.alacardmonkey.blogspot.com

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool....Love the technique and youe fish are wonderful little creations. tfs

    ReplyDelete