Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stampin' Celebration Sketchy 4.14

Playing with the double challenge today while playing with My Digital Studio!

First was inspired by the Color Challenge over at Stampin' Celebration ... just such pretty spring colors I just had to use them to scrap the digital conversion of my parents wedding!

And of course I was so VERY excited to see a double page layout inspiration over at Sketchy Thursdays it was just perfect as well for the wedding photos!

I apologize as I do not know how to do a side by side layout insert - so the photos are on top of each other - so I will have to ask you to use your imaginations :)

First is the right hand side of my layout
... I used the Shades of Spring Designer Series paper as well as the Springtime Vintage which both showcased the colors in the Stampin' Celebration challenge well with Rose Red, Always Artichoke and accented it with Perfect Plum and Certainly Celery.

The sentiment Celebrate is actually from the Chat Room Celebrate download and I blocked out the part that said 'the everyday' with a punch and matching DSP to the background!

I played with the Paper Daisy and inserted it as a photo so I could crop the image around the photos as well as used the drop shadow to color the others Perfect Plum.

The left hand side of the layout features the continuation of the eyelet border, Rose Red Seam binding with a layered bow flower and Vintage Flower Adornments.

I stamped the Cherry Blossoms from the Easter Blossoms set onto the Plum Purple square and change the opacity of both to 60% to make it a softer look. I really love viewing all our old photos and am so grateful to my Aunt for taking the time to be keeper of the family memories both her own and mine by extension and the extra time in converting all of these wonderful memories to digital.

My parents marriage might not have been destined to last a lifetime and is often recollected with 'bitter memories of divorce' - however being able to look back and see that at one time they were indeed happy and in love and knowing it was those wonderful times that brought my siblings and I to where we are today - it is very cathartic to scrap those memories into something beautiful and remember that while their life's journey may have had some bumps in the road and ultimately taken them in different paths - there is a reason to still celebrate that time in their life's - for without it we would not be here!

12 comments:

  1. beautiful, thanks for playing whith us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, those photos look amazing. Great layout! So glad you joined us at Sketchy Thursdays this week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page! All the layers and elements are just in the right place! Thanks for playing at the Stampin' Celebration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret, this is a really beautiful layout. Glad I found your blog. I've seen a lot of your work on mydigitalstudio.net but had not visited your blog yet. I've added it to my feeds.

    Glad to see someone else using MDS on this site, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout and gorgeous picture!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout is stunning! How wonderful to have those photos - they are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AWESOME! Thanks for playing along with ST!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! I love the photos and how you have put them together in an awesome layout. Great MDS elements too. Thanks so much for playing along at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I love love love love the photos and the colors! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos and colors on your Celebrate album. Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! It is so great that your aunt kept those pictures for the family. Great way to showcase their happy moment!

    ReplyDelete